Ten Easy Ways to Spot a Fake Rolex
Every desirable product attracts fakers, Rolex is no different. People have been making copies of these illustrious timepieces for years. Some are truly great, almost identical to the real thing, except in quality. Others are not so good.
If you love Rolex, you don’t want to be caught out. There’s a lot of money at stake, as well as a decent helping of pride. So we at Beckertime have put together this guide to help tell the fake from the real thing.
The best way to ensure you get a real Rolex is to buy from us. Beckertime is the largest pre-owned Rolex retailer in the world, and only sell the real thing. Every watch we stock is checked, authenticated, logged and prepared for sale. You will never get a fake from us!
The ten ways to spot a fake Rolex are:
- Rolex has only ever manufactured one watch with a transparent case and that’s extremely rare. If you see a glass-back case on a watch, it’s probably a copy
- Rolex has never manufactured anything made with rubber. If the watch has any rubber, it’s a fake
- Rolex has never made a skeleton dial. Many fakes feature this, stay away
- Oyster Perpetual Rolex watches are made with a screwed-back case, they have never made pop-up versions
- Rolex Oysters are manufactured of stainless steel, gold or platinum. Chrome or chrome-plate has never been used
- The only full-size Rolex watches to have day and date features are men’s
- The case of a Rolex President is platinum, yellow or white gold. They have never been stainless steel or two-tone stainless and gold
- Rolex watches are not gold-plated. Rolex is either 14 or 18-carat gold, nothing less
- Rolex does make a quartz movement watch, the perpetual Oyster. They make up fewer than 10% of all Perpetual Oysters, so check carefully before buying
- Rolex is a Swiss company that has manufactured watches in other countries, They include the U.S, Mexico, Italy and Venezuela. Never China. A “Chinese-made Rolex” is a fake
The best way to avoid buying a fake is to buy from a reputable Rolex dealer like Beckertime. We guarantee authenticity of all our watches and offer a full, no-quibble money-back guarantee on everything we sell.
Have you seen a fake Rolex? Did it seem cheap? How realistic was it? Let us know below.